Monday 27 December 2021

So INSTA-friendships are not so FINSTA after all!

 

My Instablog page @Nelysworld

The first  important skill you need to learn when you decide to leave your country and become citizen of the world is to be open to new experiences, and new acquaintances. And let's be honest, you have no other choice, since everything and everyone will be new for you. I always found this the most exciting part of our journey, and every time we change a place. I get really excited meeting new people, I am curious to know about them, to understand them, to find our similarities and our differences. It is like dating first time!

But that doesn't mean this process is easy for everyone, even for me that I am an extreme extrovert. And you cannot take for granted that these meetings will turn to friendships. Many times they won't lets be honest. You need many more parameters so to start a friendship, and if the ingredients are not there, the cake will not rise...

But then came the social media, where you can be at your living room and be a citizen of the world, meeting people from every part of the world and connecting through same interests, passions, goals, dreams. And these time although physical you are not there with them, you found that you could easily have a ton of things to talk too if you meet in person, more than with the people you see daily. How strange right?

In the beginning of the pandemic social media, I confess, became my savior, like for many of you also. My extrovert self was screaming for social interaction and a creative outlet, other than making banana breads, or trying to finish an online course. 

And there came the creation of my insta blog -I have been in insta for years with a private account, and have this blog also for years-, sharing my love for style, beauty, skincare and everything lifestyle. Something that will going to bring me a bit closer to my previous job as a lifestyle magazine editor, that I miss so much. And just like that I made my mini lifestyle journal/magazine.

Little did I know, that soon after, I will become part of an amazing community of people with same interests like me. But the most impressive and heartwarming of all things, it will be the support, the love, and kind approach this community will have. Girls and boys, that they are having a day job, they are maybe nurses or work in an office or a store, they are stay at home moms like me, or teenagers that have a lot important opinions to share, and on their free time all are trying, reviewing, creating content for beauty, style, and sometimes making fun and entertaining reels, because they feel like doing it. 

Everyone is included in this community, to share, to create, to express themselves without judgement, so to inspire each other. It doesn't matter if you are 16 or 56, the respect is the same, the support is the same. Everyone can create their own editorial, be the model, the photographer, execute the concept, the idea, look for the location, the right lights, the right vibe! Love it!

And yes I agree social media many times can be vain, mean, can create stereotypes and cliches, but I want you to know that these is also a little light out there, where people create beautiful communities, so to share what they love, so to connect, inspire and yes sometimes make money from doing it! 

When you are looking with the right prospective, you will end up in the place you supposed to be. 

It is all in the prospective!

Keep sharing, keep inspiring, keep creating!




1 comment:

  1. Unveiling the reality behind INSTA-friendships – it seems they aren't as FINSTA (fake on Instagram) as they may appear. This eye-opening insight resonates with the complexities of online connections...
    Please keep me update @
    Name :- Machine Tanning
    Website:- https://plushtan.ae/

    ReplyDelete